List of active policies
|Xamk Open Learn
South-Eastern Finland University of Applied Sciences
Agreement of use
Read the following regulations and conditions carefully before participating in E-learning courses. Please notice that by enrolling in a course you are commited to observe the regulations and conditions of Xamk Open Learn environment user agreement.
1. Student's rights to use the study material
1.1 South-Eastern Finland University of Applied Sciences grant the student, without charge, the right to use the study material related to instruction, with the understanding that it is to be used as required by the studying purposes.
1.2 The student is granted the following rights of use of the material for the duration of the study module in question:
- the right to save material in a digital form in the memory of the computer, on a disc or other digital forms (e.g. CD-ROM disc)
- the right to make printouts of the study material
- the right to take backup copies of the study material
- the right to combine the material with other study material
- the right to present and show the material and its modifications in connection with the instruction related to the study module
- the right to make the material available for the other participants of the study module in order to carry out the tasks related to the instruction (e.g. group work).
2. Conditions and restrictions regarding the rights of use
2.1 Study material shall not be used in any context other than in study related to the network instruction, neither during nor after the study module, without written consent from the owner of these rights.
2.2 Copies made on the basis of this agreement are not to be used, distributed, presented or publicly shown, or in any other way made accessible to the public in any context other than the study related to the network instruction.
2.3 The rights of use stated in this agreement are not transferable to another party.
2.4 When using the study material or parts of it, the student has to make reference to the author of the material and to the other owners of rights in accordance with good practice. Notification concerning the owners of the rights is not to be excluded.
2.5 The rights of use stated in the provision 1.2 of this agreement do not include marked parts of the study material to which the student only has viewing rights for the length of the study modules.
2.6 Rules on the use of computer programs
If the study material contains a computer program which is in object code, the following shall not be permitted without prior written permission from the owner of the right, apart from use entitled by direct legal provisions:
- translation of the program into a source language or decoding or transforming the program into a comprehensible form,
- modification of the program, creation of new versions or derivatives thereof,
- combination of the program with other programs,
- sub-licensing of the program, drawing a rental agreement, rental, lending or other distribution of the program or any of its parts as such or in a modified form, and
- use or copying of the program for purposes other than the purpose mentioned in the provision 1 of this agreement.
3. Student’s obligation of carefulness
The student is obliged to follow the restrictions and limitations regarding the use of the material stated in this agreement. The student must carefully store any username and/or password issued to him or her and ensure that they do not come into the possession of a third party. The student is liable for the use of study material bearing his or her username and/or password.
4. Responsibility for damages
The student is responsible for any damage caused to the South-Eastern Finland University of Applied Sciences if he or she uses the study material in any way other than that permitted under this agreement.
5. Consent for the use of material prepared by the student
The student consents to the right of the organizer of instruction to use the material prepared by the student in connection with the network instruction of the course in which the student is participating.
The organizer of instruction may take copies of any kind of the material, present and show the material in connection with the network instruction of the course in question, distribute prints made of the material to other students attending the course and give to the other participants of the course access to the material by means of the information network. The organizer of instruction is not to use the material after the course has finished, nor in connection with any other course unless such use has been specifically agreed in writing between the parties.
6. Law applied and settlement of differences
Legislation in force in Finland is applicable to this agreement and any differences concerning it will be settled by the District Courts of Kotka and Mikkeli.